How was your weekend?
I spent 4 days in Albuquerque. Then, Brooke and I successfully kicked off wedding season at Wente for Amy and Mark’s celebration! Sunday was culling down wedding photos, eating leftover wedding candy, and finally cooking dinner for Nick and I after about a week of eating out for both of us!
In my cooking and baking excitement, I decided to try baking paleo muffins. They turned out great so I thought I’d share the recipe!
Paleo-ish Blueberry Muffins (adapted from Bravo for Paleo)
2.5 C almond meal (I use TJs)
1 Tbs coconut flour (I bought mine at Costco – too much! I’ve heard TJs sells it)
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 Tbs vanilla
1/4 C melted coconut oil
1/4 C maple syrup (grade b)
1/4 C coconut milk (I use the light from TJs)
1/2 C frozen blueberries
1/2 C chocolate chips (no longer paleo)2 Tbs cinnamon
1. Line a 12 count muffin tin and preheat oven to 350F.
2. Combine the almond meal, coconut flour, salt, and baking soda in a stand mixer and mix until combined.
3. Add the vanilla, coconut oil, maple syrup, coconut milk, and eggs and continue mixing.
4. Add the blueberries, chocolate chips and cinnamon and lightly mix until combined. IF you are using fresh blueberries add the chocolate chips and cinnamon first, then gently fold in the blueberries – but honestly, don’t waste fresh blueberries on these muffins!
5. Divide the mixture into the 12 liners and bake for ~25 min.